This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Portable Browsers

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:03 PM
Edited Dec 7, 2009 at 5:05 PM

I'm trying to get this to work with portable firefox and portable chrome.  I input the executable locations but it will not save.

BTW I am using a USB key for all programs and did check-off portable option.

Dec 8, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Did you choose "Custom" as the browser, not "Firefox" and then change the location?

Dec 8, 2009 at 7:09 PM
jopeek wrote:

Did you choose "Custom" as the browser, not "Firefox" and then change the location?

Yes.

Running Win7, firefox portable and chrome portable.  I select custom then point to the file name and save.  Everything looks good but when I return to the setup screen nothing is saved.

Dec 14, 2009 at 3:00 AM

@darc87 - are these for the portable apps versions of portable Fx and portable Chrome?

Dec 21, 2009 at 7:45 PM
johnlgalt wrote:

@darc87 - are these for the portable apps versions of portable Fx and portable Chrome?

yes

Dec 23, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Ok, with the PA system, there is a launcher as well as the actual file itself.  Are you using the PA launcher, or the direct files themselves?

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:12 PM

launcher

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:31 AM

That's weird.  I'll try to set up another instance of it from my HD instead of my UFD and see if it causes me any issues.  Thus far it hasn't....