This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Very annoying "Do you want to update?" window.

Nov 20, 2009 at 8:32 PM
Edited Nov 21, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I use Browser Chooser for elect if I want to download with Firefox or if I want to surf the Internet with Chrome quickly.
But when I want to open Chrome (for a quickly surf), is very annoying to see if I want to update.

Instead of a ***VERY*** annoying window is better to integrate the update question in the browser selection.
Here is a BAD mockup, but it gives an idea:

Browser Chooser Update Mockup

IMPORTANT: I'm glad about my english. I'm Spanish. xD

Nov 22, 2009 at 4:59 AM

Cool idea. But question: Why don't you just update?

Nov 23, 2009 at 6:33 PM

I update frecuently the program, but when I want to surf Internet (or download something) just at moment it disturbs. If you say 'YES' you must wait until the download completes or instead you must close the window.

And if it is very difficult or **impossible** a way to fix it is opening the main window while the update window it's opening, or simply ask and download it in the background..

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:06 AM

I think what he is asking for is if you could have it check for an update *after* showing the chooser - and I would like to second this as well.

In fact, what would be great would be if it would actually perform a check in a separate app completely (I know, this is contrary to popular programming, to keep it all in one app - but the only other method I can think of would be to open BC an allow the user to choose the browser, then instead of closing out, minimize to the tray and perform an update check - but if n update is found and you pop back up to take the focus, that could be just as annoying t o some people as well....

Dec 1, 2009 at 6:25 PM

I'll probably implement something like what was suggested by the original poster. It'll be a little while as I'm going to be moving and the holidays and all that... :)

Dec 2, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Good luck on your move, and happy holidays (early) to you.

Your product is already awesome - one of my top ten must install programs.

Any improvements now will just be, as the phrase here goes, 'icing on the cake."