This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Don't Allow Selection Window To Be Maximized

Oct 11, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Hi,

Browser chooser some times loads Maximized for some reason.

Screen-shot example: http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/8582/wtfu.png

Take Care,

Will

Oct 11, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Confirmed - I have seen this happen more than once, especially with older apps that like to open the browser directly maximized.

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Strange.... every way I try to maximize the window from within the app is disabled, yet I can create a shortcut to the app and set it to launch maximized and it will. Not sure how to disable that... anyone else?

Oct 12, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Not sure if this still applies, but back several years ago when I was developing a small call tracking system using Access and the Office Web components, ISTR that there was a way to physically set the form so that its size was not editable.  I am assuming that you have already take this into account, but I cannot put my finger on it, but there was an additional setting that not only blocked the size buttons but also physically set the size of the window at X x Y pixels, just cannot remember what it was.

Of course, that would be moot if you're not using Visual Studio(.NET).  So I have asked a couple of friends to take a look at this thread to see if they have any ideas.

Nov 11, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Still the problem with v1.0.9. :(

Dec 14, 2009 at 2:02 AM

I have found one application that will, without fail, always open BC maximized.

DriverMax - it's a free driver checker for Windows-based PCs, and after performing a check it will open a web browser to display the results.  Since I have BC set as the default browser, it now opens BC - maximized.