This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Bypass toolbar if active window in options list

Sep 27, 2009 at 5:25 PM

I find Browser Chooser very convenient.  Other uses who make heavy use of url launch from non-browser applications have mentioned that it slows them down to repeatedly click on the toolbar to choose the browser.  The feature implied would be options that allow several window titles or program names to be associated with each browser.  That way, for example, if the option is set for EditPadLite to use Firefox, the toolbar would not even show.  Firefox would just launch.  When the window active at the time the url is opened is not in the options list, it would revert to default behavior and show the toolbar.

The way Browser Chooser is configured now is fine for my usage but I could see where someone who works constantly with apps launching urls via the default browser could be hampered by the intermediate extra click.

Sep 27, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Interesting idea, I'll put it in as a new feature request. Some of that could be alleviated by adding certain urls to the url list. For example, I want all google urls to open in Google Chrome, so I add "google" to the url textbox under my Google Chrome entry in the Options.

Sep 27, 2009 at 6:29 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Sep 27, 2009 at 9:36 PM
Edited Sep 27, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Thank you for taking up the idea.  I think it will enhance the appeal of Browser Chooser.