This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

5 Icons

Sep 4, 2009 at 12:43 AM
Edited Sep 4, 2009 at 2:10 AM

I was hoping you could increase it to 5 icons, since you include images for 5 browsers. That way I don't have to leave one of them out.

Update: I have created a patch for this functionality. It's under the Patches section. If you want to apply it youself, you'll need to download the source code and apply the .diff file. Hopefully jopeek or Subjaz will include this in a compiled version. If people want me to send them a precompiled version, just message me.

Sep 4, 2009 at 3:22 AM

I would agree with this. I too have five browsers I regularly work with.

Sep 4, 2009 at 3:56 AM

I'm thinking of creating a new release by the end of day tomorrow. It'll include the 5 browser option and support to save the settings in a .ini file instead of just inside the app.

Sep 5, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Just downloaded and only 3 icons show in the selection window with only a pert of the 4th icon showing.  Also not able to get to the Setup button to make changes.  Any ideas?

Sep 5, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Did you get release Alpha 2 and configure your 3 browsers in Browser1, 2, and 3?

Sep 5, 2009 at 8:42 PM
Yes it is Version 1.0.3534.23163 and configured browsers in 1, 2, 3, and 4
----- Original Message -----
To: [email removed]
Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2009 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: 5 Icons [browserchooser:67932]

Did you get release Alpha 2 and configure your 3 browsers in Browser1, 2, and 3?

Sep 5, 2009 at 8:45 PM
Yes it is Version 1.0.3534.23163 and configured browsers in 1, 2, 3, and 4
----- Original Message -----
To: [email removed]
Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2009 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: 5 Icons [browserchooser:67932]

Sep 6, 2009 at 8:47 AM

mwhittie, can you email me your config.ini file? jopeek AT gmail DOT com.

Sep 18, 2009 at 6:49 PM
Edited Sep 18, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Great idea for a program!

Actually, I don't and never will use Safari, and FireFox is Not a prefered browser for me, so I want to know if there is a way to change the Icons to browsers that I do use, but aren't on the Gui.???

Really, it would be great to be able to add more than just 5 icons/browsers, and to be able to choose which ones appear, add your own icons, and even to put them in the order that works best for the user!

Any plans to create this level of usability and personalization?

Thanks,

CS

Sep 18, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Not sure when we'll be able to do more than 5 browsers or if it's necessary even, but there is work being done on letting you choose your own icon, and you can already put them in whatever order you want.

Sep 22, 2009 at 5:52 AM

Thanks, But there is one thing I'm still not clear about, before I download and try this program....

As I said above, I don't use either Firefox or Safari, and while I do appreciate the ability to change the Icons, but what about changing the linked to Browser exacuteable???... Is there a way to direct the choice of Browser .exe to replace Safari with another Browser of my own Choice, Such as, Avant?

Thank you for your patience and effort in creating what looks like a very useful utility.

CS