This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Launch Browser Chooser each time opening a link

Sep 17, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Because now it launches only once, asking which browser to use to open HTTP link and that's it. I need it to launch everytime for every link when opening it.

The thing is that I want to use Firefox to open links from Thunderbird and use Chrome to open links from other programs. That's just example. It's complicated. I need to launch that ask which browser to use window each time opening a link.

Cheers.
Sep 22, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Hello? Is this project dead?
Sep 24, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Edited Sep 24, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Good day rhazor,

I would say Browser Chooser (this project) is most definitely dead. I have tried to contact the devs to no avail.

However, all is not lost. I have rebooted the project over at https://browserchooser2.codeplex.com/ While I have not been able to touch the code in a few months thanks to a very demanding work load, there is still lots to do. My hope is to get a new alpha out by end of year, but no guaranties. It all depends on my work schedule.

Fell free to try BC2 out and let me know what need to be improved!
Sep 24, 2014 at 7:39 AM
Hey thanks! I'll check it out, and yeah, I'd want that same feature like I posted on this thread. Cheers!