This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Opening Opera x64 doesn't work

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Edited Dec 29, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Hello,

I am trying to use Browser Chooser version 1.0.16.23847 on Windows 8 x64. I installed the software and set up path for Opera x64 (i.e. C:\Program Files\Opera\opera.exe) since Browser Chooser didn't see it on its own and then saved the settings. I should also mention that Opera x64 is my default browser.

After that, following happened:

1. When I try to manually select the browser from the menu of Browser Chooser, following error appears: error1 ("The target browser does not exist in the target location."). 
  2. When I try to open some external link (BC is set to open them in previously default browser), nothing happens.
  3. When I try to change behavior of BC (blue highlighted combobox in dialogue: dialogue1 ), the following error appears: error2

I tried this software in VM with Win7 x64 and everything went fine for Internet Explorer and Chrome combination so I assume the problem might be in Opera being pure x64 program, but of course that's just my layman opinion.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks!

gzx