Beta 1 (v1.0.4 - replaces Alpha 3)
Other Available Downloads
Please report all bugs in the Issue Tracker
- Went from Alpha to Beta due to patches 3789 and 3803 which really improve the usability of the app.
- Option to show the URL to be opened in the window.
- Tooltips over browser icons indicating name, url (if chosen), and hotkeys to launch that browser.
- Basic version checker built-in.
- Should deal better with UAC now. What a royal pain that is! I've had some strange behaviour with the options screen and the saving of the config.ini file especially in the Program Files folder, which is specially protected by UAC. I've never done this before but I think it works fine now.
- Applied patch 3788 - keyboard shortcut to launch browsers based on their first letter, i.e. F for Firefox, I for Internet Explorer, etc.
- Applied patch 3789 - allows for quick setup of supported browsers found in their default directory.
- Applied patch 3803 - migrates configuration file to XML format, adds comma-separated list of urls for each browser that will open automatically in that browser without asking, cleans up code, etc.
- Added a help file.
- Packaged in Installer.
- Added second, standalone, portable executable.
- Storing config xml file in the %APPDATA% directory to accommodate UAC. There is a second executable that is "portable" that saves the config xml file in the same directory as the executable. Note that this only works when running the app from outside the %PROGRAMFILES% directory, which shouldn't be an issue when using Browser Chooser as a portable app.
Source code change set for this release is 29287
No reviews yet for this release.
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.