Broswer Chooser and WATERFOX

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I've tried on several occasions to add Waterfox to Browser chooser.  This 64 bit Firefox app installs on Windows 7 in the Program Files directory: C:\Program Files\Waterfox; however, it installs as "Firefox".  I've installed Waterfox in the 5th position in Browser Chooser and have set the Browser to Custom; Name to Waterfox; Target to C:\Program Files\Waterfox\firefox.exe; and supplied a custom image (ico).

Upon clicking on the ico for Waterfox, I am returned an error dialogue box:

The target browser does not exist in the target location.

Oct 19, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Edited Oct 19, 2012 at 3:13 AM

I had the same problem with Firefox 64bit builds (particularly Nightly builds).  It seems that since BC is a 32bit app it does not like looking for programs that are not in the same tree as it is.

I've since added the 32bit builds to my repertoire since I have other issues with 64bit builds (like certain plugins *cough FDM cough* not working with 64bit builds either), so the problem has disappeared.  However, once I get everything working in my 64bit builds then I'll have this issue again, I suppose.....

Oct 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM

After reading your response (thank you!), I got to thinking.  I COPIED the Waterfox directory from the Program Files dir to the Program Files (x86) dir and then config'd Browser Chooser to launch from the copied (x86) dir's .exe file.  It worked!